Woke up a bit sweaty, the way you do when you break a fever. I dont think I am sick, but I wasn't in the mood to get up and start the day. After breakfast I hung around the hotel room until 1pm.
Finally feeling better, I decided to take a walk to Brigade Rd. to do some shopping.
Brigade Rd. is about a 20 minute walk from my hotel. Its about 3 blocks of shops; some American stores, and many Indian stores with American style things. Bought some pashminas, and found a store where I might get some clothes made. Got some toothpaste and a chocolate bar at a supermarket there. After a couple of hours walking about, I returned to the hotel to drop the stuff I bought off.
On the way back to the hotel I started up a conversation with an auto-rickshaw driver. Based on some things he said, I decided to venture out to go on a little mission. We ended up at a craft shop that had much nicer things than the Brigade Rd. shops. 30 minutes and 25000 rupees later, I was back in the auto-rickshaw with a silk rug, some peridot earrings for Missy, and a small sandal wood box. All hail Gandhi G. day, as there are no taxes. No alcohol either, but thats not an issue for me.
I didnt have my credit card with me for some reason, so the guy from the shop rode back to the hotel with me so he can run the credit card; there was no way they were going to loose the sale. On the way back to the hotel we made a pitstop, back to what my original mission was. Unfortunately a few minutes later and coughing, I decided to call the mission a failure.
Still trying to get over the jetlag, I went to the gym for the 3rd day in a row in the late afternoon. This time, now that I have got myself warmed up to working out, after a 30 minute cardio warmup, I hit the weights. Back to my room, did some work, took a shower and then ate dinner in my room again.
No alcohol on Gandhi G. day, but doesn't apply to the minibar... good day in blr.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment