Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Another day @ EGL in BLR

Wednesday turned out to be an alright day here in Bangalore, nothing special. Lunch was once again too much food, spicy and delicious though. Most interested were my events of the evening.

There was an invitation to cocktails slipped under the door of my room from the Director of Sales for the Park. It was located in the Residency Lounge, the private room where I, and the others on the 4th floor + 4 other suites on the third floor, get breakfast, high tea, and cocktails. The difference in tonights cocktails was that the whole hotel was invited and there were these sales folks around, meeting and greeting, and being a friendly bunch.

Anyways, some kingfishers and some delicious Indian appys. Once again free food that makes dinner unnecessary. After shaking hands with a couple of the sales folks, I got introduced to Subs, the Room Director... Basically, one of the upper managers of the hotel. In our chitchatting, we got to talking about music, and I found out that he happens to be a big phan of the band Phish. Lo and behold, I find one of the only Phish heads in India. It ended up being a fun conversation about India, music, travelling. He has a good taste in music, and was able to rattle off a short list of music that he never heard of and would blow his mind. He was envious of all the concerts I have been too. Anyways, Subs is good people and he is going to take me out to see some local bands, local people, and have an all an all good time.

No comments: