So, its gotten to the point where it's just work. Different place, same stuff. To fill in the gaps, my hotel is on MG Road and I walk about 10 minutes to the Yahoo! office where there is a shuttle every 30minutes starting at 9am -> 8pm from the MG Road office to our office at EGL (Embassy Golf Links). I take one of the 9/930/10/1030/11 shuttles, of which I took the 11am shuttle this morning. The ride took 10 minutes.
This week started early Monday morning, Yahoo! showcase. This was a big fair given at Yahoo! where all the properties/groups had booths explaining what they do, showcasing themselves. Amusing but not the kind of thing people in the USA would do. We have work to do and should not be fucking around doing graphics design, putting booths together, etc. Rant over -
Filo was in Bangalore for the showcase and also Open Hack day as well as to give an all hands meeting. Filo and Bradley Horowitz were walking around the showcase getting presentations from each group. I was in the System & Storage Operations booth, as this is the larger group that my group is part of. Re-introduced myself to Bradley, who I met at the Heather Gold show. He is the VP of Product Strategy at Y!, came up with hack day, and is what they call a "Big Thinker". Filo also was there to cut the ribbon on the new NOC.
I've been enjoying cocktails at the hotel every night and have met some of the people staying in the hotel. So far I've met IBM,Cisco,Nokia, and another Yahoo! :)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment