Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On the way to Bangalore - Delirious

I have been travelling for way too long at this point.. I am in the Raffles (business class) lounge at Changi airport in Singapore. This airport is an amazing display, with all the shopping and food.. I am slightly delirious and turned upside down by the lack of sleep.

My travel began on Tuesday afternoon with a 12 hour flight to Seoul, KR, with a 1 hour layover before my flight to Singapore which was another 6 hours. Singapore airlines business class is very posh; giant seats that recline to a bed, and an entertainment system that has movies, music, and tv on demand are part of the package. Before takeoff you are brought a drink, either Orange, Orange/Pineapple, or Champagne.... numerous times during the flight warm towels are brought around, bookends to the food and drinks they so lavishly provide to you. All the flight attendants call me by my surname... this is the way to travel. I am now spoiled ( as if I wasn't before?!? )

Its just after noon in the lounge and I think I will hunt down some food. I eat cheese plates in Missy's honor....

There are internet stations everywhere, with free access.. crazy asian treats, and all manner of luxury items available from stores all through the airport... gucci, coach, ferragamo, levi-strauss, bulgari...

At this point I just want to get on the plane and get to Bangalore where I should have a car waiting for me to take me to my hotel where I will be for a little over 3 weeks... If my flight had not been moved from Mon 1:30am to Tues 2:15pm it would have been a closer to 4 weeks.

After Bangalore I head to Korea and Taiwan each for 4 days... I realize that my itinerary has me leaving Seoul on a Tuesday afternoon @ 5:15pm which really only gives me 1 work day in Korea.... I will probably adjust my schedule so that I leave either later on Tuesday or on Wednesday....its nice to have tickets you can do this with and work's travel agency to take care of it all....

No comments: